Re: [LUG] Logitech C310 - no sound

 On 01/03/2012 17:27, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On 01/03/12 14:14, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
Hi Neil,

Does this webcam definitely have a mic? I haven't looked into the C310,
but I do know that a lot of lower-end webcams do not have any form of
sound-input.

Also, if you're running with PulseAudio as your sound system (with
Ubuntu and Debian systems, this is quite likely), then you may want to
look into running pavucontrol and make sure that the webcam's audio has
been detected and is available. I had to do something similar to this
in order to get my BlueTooth headset to work properly. It's a bit of a
PITA, but if everything has been setup to "just work", then PulseAudio
should be handling your audio... but you haven't told it what to do
with it yet.

Grant.

I have been looking into this further. When I start a test video
recording and check pavucontrol it says that there in no device making
an audio recording. But there should be. Now I am really baffled. More
research,

Neil

Hi Neil,

I just found this on a forum for Ubuntu..

open a terminal
type alsamixer
hit enter
adjust your mic db levels