[LUG] Logitech C310 - no sound

I have now acquired a webcam. I plug it in to the USB port and start
guvcview. Fine, I get a good image. But, no sound. (Of course, I can
play CD's and get sound from them as expected. No problem with YouTube
either.)

According to my researches this webcam should 'just work'. Not much good
without sound though. I am wondering if something is muted in kmix, but
when I run that I get no window come up??

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Thanks

Neil