Re: [LUG] Gnome3 and Ub 11.10

On 17/02/12 10:33, Jack Oley wrote:
It's good news that it's now possible to have the latest Ub without Unity, but I find 11.04 much faster generally. Do users of Ub 11..10 not find it significantly slower than 11.04?
My 11.10 is quick enough using Gnome Shell.

I originally found it very slow when using Unity. I found it was Unity's partner, Compiz, which was slowing things down. It's possible Compiz was struggling with my nVidia 6000 series card & the nVidia drivers.

Since swapping to Gnome Shell and employing Unity 2D's panel, I get the best of both worlds.

I'll be giving full Unity a try again with 12.04 but I may need to upgrade my video card to get the best results.

Martin