Re: [LUG] Telephone call re my computer

On 26/01/12 16:31, Julian Hall wrote:
 On 26/01/2012 16:19, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On 26/01/12 16:02, Dave Foxcroft wrote:
I had two of these calls within 2 hours of each other... both with
Indian accents.. " Dave from windows" and "Steve calling from the
technical department" both claiming that their internet reports that my
computer has technical problems when accessing the internet and has
files that need to be removed.

I toyed with the first one.. even transferring the call to my wife who
told them that we didn't have any problems as we used Linux and hung up
- he was still insisting we had a problem even after being told we use
Linux!

The second one .. well I just waited for him to finish speaking and
launched a foul mouthed tirade... he hung up!

I'm ex-directory and have been for well over 10 years so I guess they
may be calling blocks of numbers.

I'm looking forward to the next call.....

Dave.

Yes, I have been ex directory for more than ten years. I look forward to
the next call, hoping that I can understand what is said. Then I can
have some fun!!

Neil

I've had two in the space of two weeks.. first one I ripped a new one - he hung up; second one he went through his spiel and I replied 'Ohhh.. you're a scam artist.. OK.. Byyeee!' *click*

Julian

It is you social duty to be nice to them and josh them along as long as possible - can be fun too
Tom te tom te om