Re: [LUG] Telephone call re my computer

On 26/01/12 16:02, Dave Foxcroft wrote:
On 26/01/2012 15:50, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Just to let the list know. I live in Holsworthy and today I had a call
about my computer having problems!! I was ready to have some fun with
it, but unfortunately the caller's accent and English were so bad I
decided not to bother. (It was an overseas call.)

Anyway, it seems that it is still going on. Incidentally I am ex
directory, so they are obviously using a program to work its way through
all the numbers.

Hopefully next time the caller will be easier to understand,

Regards

Neil

I had two of these calls within 2 hours of each other... both with Indian accents.. " Dave from windows" and "Steve calling from the technical department" both claiming that their internet reports that my computer has technical problems when accessing the internet and has files that need to be removed.

I toyed with the first one.. even transferring the call to my wife who told them that we didn't have any problems as we used Linux and hung up - he was still insisting we had a problem even after being told we use Linux!

The second one .. well I just waited for him to finish speaking and launched a foul mouthed tirade... he hung up!

I'm ex-directory and have been for well over 10 years so I guess they may be calling blocks of numbers.

I'm looking forward to the next call.....

Dave.

I had a really bad patch recently. Must have a had at least one call a day for about a month and a half. It's quite enjoyable for the first couple of days listening to all that nonsense but after that it becomes really wearing. Luckily there was often gap between picking up the receiver and the caller noticing the line is open which allowed me time guess who the caller was and hang up.

The best one was a Indian caller who claimed to be from the "Electricity Board" which really made me laugh. I couldn't resist calling him an effing idiot who should go back to school and learn some English history.. I'm old enough to remember when the electricity distribution was privatised. No idea where they are getting their information.

The wife answered one yesterday so I guess they've started up again.

Keith

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------ All e-mails including their file attachments are scanned for viruses and spam using Symantec's and ClamAV's scan engines.