Re: [LUG] Desktops again

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012, Philip Hudson wrote:

On 24 Jan, 2012, at 1:46 pm, Simon Waters wrote:

Gordon Henderson wrote:

So.. let me get this right... 20 years ago we had a windowing environment,
then MS invented this "desktop metaphor" ... Now we're going back to the
pure windowing thing...

No the Desktop metaphor wasn't a Microsoft thing and is at least 25 years
old, and Xerox PARC were doing something similar 41 years ago.

For the avoidance of confusion: Microsoft never invented anything. Nothing.

OK! OK!

Perhaps I should have said "popularised it" then.

Gordon