Re: [LUG] Upgrading - or not ... (Debian)

Clementine 7.1 works fine with full iPod support on Ubuntu 11.10.
Clementine 5.3 has issues with iPod support on Debian Squeeze.
Clementine (git latest) without iPod support (duh) doesn't work on
CentOS 6.2, recompiling in a sec.

Long story short, install Clementine anyway as it's the best current
music player for Linux (VLC, XMMS and mpg123 don't count). Installed
with libgpod* there's no reason why it shouldn't work for you and you
can always apt purge it afterwards. The fact I'm testing on VM's with
USB passthrough doesn't help me test Debian much and I can't reboot out
of CentOS because I'm in the middle of a million things.

Incidentally, the iPod I tested with is a Nano 8Gb model which is the
nasty one with the locked bootloader. If it works with that, it should
work with any model.

And as Grant said, you don't need to upgrade your entire Debian OS just
to grab some packages from testing/unstable/experimental.

Cheers,

Mat