Re: [LUG] Parallel printer - to USB

On 29/11/11 17:43, bad apple wrote:
>  >>>>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_1284 - Cantronics
> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/17577-29-parallel-port-port -
> discussion on merits of both.
>

> I'm not even sure who wanted this now (was it Neil?) but I have tons of
> these printer USB leads just lying around and would be happy to give
> some away if they would still be of use.
>
> They are so cheap to obtain though it might not be worth your
> time/petrol to even bother coming to pick one up unless you're very
> close (I'm in Kingsteignton).
>
> Mat

As a final post on this thread, I bought a printer USB lead today, cost
just Â4.99. Came home, removed the parallel cable and installed the new
cable, turned on the printer and the computer immediately installed the
new printer for me. I have tested it and it works just fine.

I still can't believe that I did not realise that the USB port was
there. Thanks to all who helped me with this. And, yes, the 'new'
printer is found in VBox and it works there too. And I now have a cable
ready for any new printer that I buy. Great result.

Regards

Neil