Re: [LUG] W2K was Re: Speaking of VirtualBox ...

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, Gordon Henderson wrote:

I'm somewhat plesantly surprised that virtualbox is running - currently doing a fresh install of w2K...

4436 root      20   0  672m 592m 554m S  123 29.6   3:52.61 VirtualBox

So there is hope for me yet!

Or not... Now all the horrors of a win2K install are coming back to me.

It's a bit slow though... Doom at 1fps... (yes, I applied the virtualbox specials - which does many general use more than acceptable, but I guess pure program to screen stuff is slow here) I'm running it on an intel Atom - 1.6GHz - double the clock speed of the real box, but I guess it's just not the fastest of emulators...

Gordon