Re: [LUG] Desktop trauma

On 14/11/11 14:32, bad apple wrote:

I'm personally looking forward to the GNOME 3 look, but since the last
word from Raphael was that it was still being straightened out in Debian
unstable/experimental, so I'll let them bash away at it a bit before
trying.

Debian Unstable/Experimental user here - Gnome 3 arrived sometime last week for me during a standard dist-upgrade, annoyingly writing all over my laboriously customised Gnome 2 desktop. Personally I love using the latest and greatest versions of everything (I'm on firefox 11 nightly build for example) but even I find the Gnome 3/Unity debacle so irritating that I've switched over to my boring and stable CentOS install temporarily until I can be bothered restoring my Debian setup from backups and using apt-pinning to ensure Gnome 3 stays in the repos and off my workstation.

Just another voice in the Gnome 3/Unity can die in a fire choir...

Cheers,

Mat
And here's another voice

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/new-desktop-interface-flops/9880?alertspromo=&tag=nl.rSINGLE