Re: [LUG] Desktop trauma

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 04:47:34PM +0000, George Parker wrote:
> 2. If you are the masochistic type (most of the people on this LUG)
> what the hell do you run?

Debian Testing and while I had occasional problems with xpdf and elinks,
have not had a down day in 2, 3 years

As to why I use Testing: unfortunately I have to deal with xlsx documents
and I use a spreadsheet. The more recent versions are of libreoffice make
life much easier.

(I would like a simple database that works in MS office on Windows XP
Professional, but the only one I have found sofar is sqlite3. So I am still
playing with that. A CRM would be better but I found Sugar too slow and
hard to learn)

But then I don't use Gnome: I was planning to try it but, after reading
your note, perhaps not. (I don't use Evolution and that seems bundled)

Mind you people at the office do look somewhat askance at my machine and
wonder what %^&&**( I am doing, but I normally explain "its quicker".

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately