Re: [LUG] Desktop trauma

My rant isn't really about Debian testing shoving Gnome 3 at me. If I was doing serious work I wouldn't use testing and in future I'll be a bit more careful about what I upgrade. My rant is about the fact that the 2 main desktops have both gone down the bells & whistles route to the detriment of how I want my desktop to work. I have no doubt I could manipulate KDE and Gnome to look roughly as I want them but why should I? Why install a huge programme and then hide most of it's features?

My fear is that anything else I install is going to go the same way. I haven't tried Trinity yet, the fork of KDE that keeps the features of KDE 3 may be an option. That would maybe do the trick and I always preferred KDE over Gnome.

I'll keep playing until dementia gets me. I'll keep playing until dementia gets me.

George