Re: [LUG] Desktop trauma

On 13/11/11 23:31, Julian Hall wrote:

> Err.. no that's what the hefty fine MS paid the EU was about.  Now when
> you install Windows 7 you are offered a choice of browser, e.g Firefox,
> Chrome etc as well as IE.

The Browser choice screen pre-dates the release of IE9.

Does it actually offer IE9 now as a choice?

I presume then possibly it is suppressing the offer of IE9 to those who
choose other browsers. Either way the couple of people I know who test
stuff on IE in Windows 7 hadn't upgraded (they almost certainly chose
Firefox if prompted).

Microsoft say IE9 is suppose to be offered as an update when it is first
downloaded, but that doesn't seem to have happened at work, or possibly
the users just said "no" and the update was removed from disk?