Re: [LUG] Desktop trauma

On 13/11/11 18:56, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> I don't use "file managers" for several reasons - mostly because I find
> them slow to actually find files I'm after

Both KDE and GNOME file managers now allow tab auto-completion of file
names and paths, in much the same way as most of the interactive shells
do now.

Although the main reason I use file managers now is that the GNOME one
does preview icons, so I can find the picture I want slightly quicker,
although probably if I got use to using the mouse scroll wheel in the
image viewer that would probably cease to be true as well.

 Simon