Re: [LUG] easy backup program

On 01/11/11 17:36, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Can't you just drag files in a file-manager sort of window thing these
> days? (ie. from disk to dvd) or do you still need to go through
> something like xcdroast and all that shenanigans...

In GNOME you just insert blank media, it opens a file manager like
window, you drag the folders you want into it, and click on the write
button. Their might be the odd extra step like saying "Data CD" but it
is about as easy as it will ever get.

You can tell this is one of the "use cases" that has received serious
developer attention.

Alas on my CD writer (sigh) this results in files full of zeros on the
coaster burnt, but for most people (and hardware) it works fine. Still
as well to check it is working, but then that applies to any backup scheme.

 Simon