Re: [LUG] easy backup program

On 01/11/11 15:10, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 1 Nov 2011, tom wrote:

I just want to be able to get the kids and the misses to be able to burn a directory or 7 to multiple dvds (if necessary) from their user accounts but everything I've found seems to be too complicated or needs root access or just decides it cant mount the last disk etc etc

How about moving to a centralised file server exporting /home with their PCs, etc. basically being in a state whereby they could be restored from install disks with no real wory about data being on them?

Then the server can be mirrored and backed up by you....

Gordon

I already centrally backup 'in house' but when you have 127G of photos of peoples thumbs included in that data that they wouldn’t be able to get at should I be hit by a bus ( and die of surprise) and every machine has a dvd writer and we have a box of dvd r+s I thought it would be nice to get them to backup their own rubbish and keep it safe themselves. And I thought there must be an easy backup that really is easy and works over disk sets for linux but no it seems not..
Now wheres me windows cd....
Tom te tom te tom