Re: [LUG] Broadband - recent changes Exeter

On 22/10/11 07:38, tom wrote:
Sorry no sympathy for that
I was not looking for sympathy but actually wondered about the viability of this push to "superfast broadband" in the villages if it does not go faster unless you are very close or have FTTHome. Demon do ADSL2+ cheaper but not here.
 - OK you can watch films on ADSL but then you
can drive a lorry through a country village.
We have plenty of lorries and racing tractors (big streamlined ones with huge trailers) in my area thanks.
Can they not download them the night before? If the TV is not live then
they should be able to, if it is then...
Prospective son-in-law can download at a much higher rate elsewhere and keep for us on his 2TB storage device. I download music mostly when they are asleep - with a disabled wife whose pain relief in part comes from streaming video and film and a 17 year old daughter who wants when she wants in late evening faster would be better. 50GB/30 days is good enough at the moment but 2Mb/s means one at a time.

James
--
James Kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk