Re: [LUG] Indian "MCSE" phone phishers again

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011, Julian Hall wrote:

I ran into a similar issue in work a few years ago because our customer authentication for the free dialup accounts relied partially on checking the number the connection was made from. If you're ex-directory your number is automatically withheld, at least it was the last time I heard.

I remember those issues with dial-up, but if you're in the business of terminating telephone calls, it's possible to get caller ID even from withheld calls - well, I know I can get it - it's how I handle repeated malicious calls...

Gordon