Re: [LUG] Indian "MCSE" phone phishers again

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 21:51:23 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

> We're ex directory and TPS registered. I've had one cold call this
> year, and technically it wasn't a cold call, it was a "marketing call"
> from a company who I currently buy product off (or one of their

Calls from companies you've had dealings with aren't covered by TPS
rules (but I suspect you're aware of that).  IME, such calls usually
starts on a "customer satisfaction" routine, then move on to the "whilst
I've got you on the 'phone" sales pitch, especially if the company has
a policy of 'no sales calls'.  IOW, it's all bollocks.

On a slightly different tack, BT used to call trying to sell us their
ADSL services, which we're not in the market for.  I got them to stop by
threatening them with legal action, because simply asking didn't work.
They took to writing, offering the same service.  *Twice* a *month*.
We've told them to stop, but I'm not holding my breath.  Personally, I'd
change telephone provider, but I'm not the account holder, my wife is.
Strangely, they seem happy to talk to me when it comes to us paying
them for additional services, but not when it comes to cancelling stuff.

--
 Regards  _
Only the wounded remain, the generals have all left the game