Re: [LUG] FIXED! asterisk dahdi issues

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On 14/10/11 13:48:51, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2011, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On 12/10/11 20:33:16, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

More info...
I just compiled fxstest
Here is the line that works...
[root@pbx tools]# ./fxstest /dev/dahdi/3 stats
TIP: -50.0000 Volts
RING: -50.0000 Volts
VBAT: -50.0000 Volts

Here is the line that does not...
[root@pbx tools]# ./fxstest /dev/dahdi/4 stats
TIP:  1.0000 Volts
RING:  1.0000 Volts
VBAT:  1.0000 Volts

What does that suggest? or mean?

Hm. don't know.

My one incoming line:

# ./fxstest /dev/dahdi/4 stats
TIP: -48.0000 Volts
RING: -48.0000 Volts
VBAT: -48.0000 Volts

However it suggests the line is faulty. Maybe gone high resistance or there's a joint acting as a rectifier which can do funny things.

Bad master socket, I now have my full quota of BT electricty flowing to the TDM again.

Ah, excellent. I presume you changed it yourself? I've never seen a BT one fail though. Most odd!

You really will not have ADSL if the line has a DACS fitted. They are mutually exclusive.

Yes, I know that, I think I have no been clear in what I have here.
Two x PSTN one with ADSL on, the fault was on the non-adsl line that has a dacs. I was sort of saying the if I port the faulty line to VOIP then I would still need a line with adsl to be able to receive calls.
The adsl line is work supplied the non adsl in my home one.

OK. Understood now!

During the last outage/hassle I had with BT I seriously considered getting a 2nd line in from a non BT telco, migrating my ADSL to it, porting my own home number into VoIP, and dumping the BT line. (Which would get dumped anyway at the porting point)

However, although cheaper in the long-run, the total cost of doing this would have been in the region of £160 in the first month, so it's not happened - yet. The savings would only be in the region of about a fiver a month, so well over 2 years to break even )-: