Re: [LUG] asterisk dahdi issues

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On 12/10/11 16:24:00, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

After working for about 12 months one of my incoming BT lines no longer works.

Connected to Asterisk 1.6.2.7 currently running on pbx (pid = 17274)
digium tdm400

Incoming call
[Oct 12 15:54:07] NOTICE[17983]: chan_dahdi.c:8436 ss_thread: Got event 17 (Polarity Reversal)... [Oct 12 15:54:09] WARNING[17983]: chan_dahdi.c:8497 ss_thread: CID timed out waiting for ring. Exiting simple switch

I get the above and nothing happens
Have you tried plugging a normal phone into it?
Yes, works fine

Dial the BT test code - 17070.
Done and works fine, ring back works, phone rings, well one does another I have does not.

The hookstate is different, onhook vs offhook

swapping the lines over on the tdm400 gives the same results but different channel numbers.

It's really rubbish. You probably don't have enough line voltage for it to register. Zaptel was better (IME)
I agree!

Do the regular phone test - try option 1 too - ringback. Make sure a normal phone rings at full oomph.

Well it all sounds ok, bit difficult to tell with new phones.

Also found...
[root@pbx asterisk]# cat /proc/dahdi/1
Span 1: WCTDM/4 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5" (MASTER)

           1 WCTDM/4/0 FXOKS (In use) (SWEC: MG2)
           2 WCTDM/4/1 FXOKS (In use) (SWEC: MG2)
           3 WCTDM/4/2 FXSKS (In use) (SWEC: MG2)
           4 WCTDM/4/3 FXSLS (In use) RED(SWEC: MG2)

I tried loopstart here as I saw website with this, I am now back to ks.

KS is what you want in the UK... While the line is technically a loop-start line (ie. you loop or virtually short circuit it to make it go "live"), KS generally seems to work better.

I see:

           4 WCTDM/4/3 FXSKS (In use) RED(SWEC: OSLEC)

with an analogue line unplugged and,

           4 WCTDM/4/3 FXSKS (In use) (SWEC: OSLEC)

with one plugged in, so somethings working... (ie. not RED), but I've absolutely no idea what it uses to detect red alarm on the analogue line.

I have seen TDM400 cards (or rather the modules) get screwed over with lightening though - had any down there recently?

Or maybe it's just the DACS. Horrible stuff analogue. Just port to VoIP and be done with it.

Gordon