Re: [LUG] asterisk dahdi issues

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On 12/10/11 20:33:16, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I have seen TDM400 cards (or rather the modules) get screwed over with lightening though - had any down there recently?
Don't think so because when I swap the BT lines the fault appears on the other port I.E. red was os chan 4 now on chan 3.

Ah, OK. Sounds like the line is duff in some horrible way then, however persuading BT to fix it when audio over it sounds OK with a standard phone might be somewhat tricky...

Or maybe it's just the DACS. Horrible stuff analogue. Just port to VoIP and be done with it.

Not sure I can find out when I was put on DACS, so now need to try and get off it.

You'll be lucky... They generally won't unless it's to supply ADSL over...

More info...
I just compiled fxstest
Here is the line that works...
[root@pbx tools]# ./fxstest /dev/dahdi/3 stats
TIP: -50.0000 Volts
RING: -50.0000 Volts
VBAT: -50.0000 Volts

Here is the line that does not...
[root@pbx tools]# ./fxstest /dev/dahdi/4 stats
TIP:  1.0000 Volts
RING:  1.0000 Volts
VBAT:  1.0000 Volts

What does that suggest? or mean?

Hm. don't know.

My one incoming line:

# ./fxstest /dev/dahdi/4 stats
TIP: -48.0000 Volts
RING: -48.0000 Volts
VBAT: -48.0000 Volts

However it suggests the line is faulty. Maybe gone high resistance or there's a joint acting as a rectifier which can do funny things.

You really will not have ADSL if the line has a DACS fitted. They are mutually exclusive.

Gordon