Re: [LUG] Linux on the Desktop - again ..

On 28/09/11 16:08, Adrian Midgley wrote:

> Making plans that other people should do stuff differently is less
> effective often than doing something different oneself.

Libre Office 3 works fine with that document.

Whilst I've been known to use Google Docs, it isn't free software so
risks the same kind of lock-in as MS Office. Except we know for sure the
document is on Google servers, where as with MS Office you can always
cut off your Internet connection if you want to be sure Microsoft aren't
taking copies of your documents.