Re: [LUG] NIS (YP) + Samba ...

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 09:05:00AM +0100, tom wrote:
> While politicians are partly to blame it was the financial
> institutions that lobbied for deregulation and presumably told them
> it would all be OK. And who could they turn to for advice... the
> players! Its like going to the Tea Party for advice on science
> education!

If our leaders are that stupid they deserve the opprobrium they get. Or do
we get the leaders we deserve. Hmm. Either way I think suicides in Greece
are up and that is hardly cheering

> And these same 'advisors' (who effectively own papers like the
> times) are still pushing the same flawed agenda only now it seems to
> be a case of 'not on my watch' for the big depression that has to
> come now the ponzi scheme is (seen to be) bust. They will make a lot
> of money out of the taxpayer before it goes down but when you
> consider how big greece's debt is for 3% of european economic
> activity and look at how much the average taxpayer in this country
> earns its a wonder we're not all deaf from overconfident whistling
> from the city.

I think there is too much panic around and traditionally that has been the time
to buy, selectively. Are the risks high: undoubtedly.

Yes Ponzi is breaking, deleveraging is going to take time and be painful. I
just hope the re-regulation is going to be well planned. (Well I can hope
anyway). (Was amused to see EEC proposals on the auditors)

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.