[LUG] torrent trackers

G'day all,

trying to set up a torrent tracker so we can upload data from more then one location in attempt to decrease the upload time.

In the remote server I have a tracker and rtorrent installed.

On my desktop I have transmission.
I used transmission to create a torrent of a file and uploaded it to the tracker.

I run trasmission and rtorrent and I can see connections.

rtorrent will not download the file from trasmission.
If I scp the file to the rtorrent computer and start rtorrent and then delete the fileo n my computer running transmission the file will download...

???

Why will rtorrent not download but will upload?
I have not tried another transmission enabled machine, but that is my next stop to see if it is rtorrent having issues or something else.

Any ideas.