Re: [LUG] NIS (YP) + Samba ...

Hi Gordon,

We may be trying to do slightly different
things here. Mine is a relatively standard peer-to-peer
network, and I just let the system sort itself out. I
wasn't aware that one had to do anything to keep it
synchronised.

The biggest problem I have (with Windows,
naturally) is Windows Explorer locking up when machines
leave the network. It can cope with arrivals at any time,
but it has much more difficulty coping with random
departures, either Win or Ubuntu.

Regards etc,
Ray.