Re: [LUG] Connecting to wi-fi

On 18/09/11 15:26, Brad Rogers wrote:

> It's not Debian, per se, but networkmanager that seems to be the problem.

Whilst I use to hate it with a vengeance, in recent versions
networkmanager doesn't seem to mess up quite as frequently as it did
originally.

So I doubt it is the culprit here and I wouldn't want to go back to
network hopping without a tool for handling the ever growing complexity
of wireless LANs and their encryption.

My tip is ensure you access your own boxes via encryption only and then
you can leave the WIFI unencrypted....

 Simon