Re: [LUG] Remote Backups

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011, Martin Gautier wrote:

On 07/09/11 20:34, Gordon Henderson wrote:
If your on a BT ADSL2 exchange (ie. up to 8Mb and not up to 24Mb) then check your upload speed. If it's 440Kb/sec then your on nornmal priorities over the BTW network. If it's 830Kb/sec (or anything over 450!) then you're on the proper elevated priorities over the BTW network.
Ooh! That's worth knowing.

A quick check tells me 455kbps. Humph. I'll do a few tests off peak and daytime and see if it changes.

You need to check the actual stats on the router/modem.. If it's 448Kb/sec or lower then you're potentially on the standard priorities. Anything aboe that and you're on elevated.

This assumes BT Wholesale connection and not LLU (nor ADSL2+) What's your exchange? (Look it up in samknows to get what it's capable of)

Gordon