[LUG] Remote Backups

Hi all

I was wonder if anyone had any suggestions for backing up a server to remote storage (via rsync or similar).

I have about 500Gb currently but would want to support up to 1Tb.

I want to just dump the data offsite and so want to avoid the likes of Dropbox that support file syncing. In fact, Dropbox linux cli is currently in use but the Dropbox servers suffer from randomly deleting files from it's archive and then syncing the changes back to the local server effectively deleting them there too!

Most VPS solutions don't do large amounts of diskspace so that's out...

I have considered Amanda community edition hooked up to Amazon S3 but that seems expensive.

What do others do?

Cheers
Martin