Re: [LUG] OT: PC World and CPU fans

On 21/08/11 00:11, Daniel Robinson wrote:

    I'm reminded of a story a friend told me - admittedly third hand but
    probably true.  The daughter of one of his friends went for a job in
    PC World but said in the interview 'I have to admit I don't know
    much about computers'.  The interviewer asked 'Can you turn one on?'
    and when she replied she could he said 'That's enough for sales'.....

    Julian

I think i failed my job interview at PC world when I said that i'd
refuse to sell Norton Internet Security with new computers as it is a
bloated buggy bit of software that would cripple an already under
powered over priced heap of crap that you call a home computer.

Daniel <no_face>

I love it! I used to work in sales at Software Warehouse. Although we did recommend the higher value items (say higher value better quality printer cables when selling printers) we didn't push things like Norton Anti-Virus, we just advised based on our own experiences with the things.

Although I was the highest commission earner, I put that down to taking a late lunch (2:30pm to 3:30pm ish) when everyone who had been on their lunch hour had been in to buy blank CDs and stuff which were the high commission earners :-D

Rob