Re: [LUG] Adsl routers and port 81

On 21/08/11 11:16, Kevin Lucas wrote:
On another point on the router I have problems with Win 7 peep's wanting
to connect wit IPv6 wirless and the router connects but with no DNS
I see no settings for IPv6 on the router.

Is this another reason to update?

Windows 7 supports IPv4 fine, why they can't use that I don't know!

Anyway, how I understand it, to use IPv6 either your ISP needs to support it (so off the top of my head I guess that would be Enta or maybe someone like Andrews and Arnold maybe), or setup some sort of tunneling over IPv4. Not sure if this can be done in an ADSL router (maybe a router running OpenWRT possibly?) or if you'd need a separate box to do the tunneling.

Maybe someone more experienced with IPv6 will be able to advise on this.

Rob