Re: [LUG] graphics card DRM

On 25/06/11 12:11, Paul Sutton wrote:
Looking at the novatech site one of the bare bones systems has a ati
radeon graphics card,  a google on the card finds this page

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2011/03/08/direction_radeon_graphics_in_ubuntu_1104

now as this mentions DRM i was wondering what this meant in the CONTEXT
of a graphics card,.  I know DRM usually means Digital rights
management, however perhaps in this case it's different

Although the graphics card does support DRM for things like Bluray playback in Windows, it's referring to Direct Rendering Manager...

http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DRM

looking back at Novatech the related PC is here:

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/barebones/Novatech/BB-2554GB.html#sp7

for 149 it seems a good deal

Paul

Yeah it's okay, depends what you're looking for I guess. I'm looking forward to the new AMD Fusion APUs (which is a CPU and GPU on the same core), although I do hope they make a socketed version so they can be upgraded without having to replace the whole motherboard.

Rob