Re: [LUG] flyer

On 25/06/11 12:16, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 25/06/11 11:57, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> The following is on the novatech website
>>
>> "Office 2010 Starter comes Pre Installed with every PC purchased With an
>> Operating System. Microsoft Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word
>> and Excel only, with advertising. No PowerPoint or Outlook."
>>
>> Good reason to use or promote Open office,
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Maybe.  I gather that Microsoft are doing this to counteract installs of
> OpenOffice.  Although I'd suggest LibreOffice now as it's got more
> functionality.
>
> Rob

so to counter Libreoffice they offer a word processor and spreadheet and
no presentation package,  libre/openoffice all 3 and more.  However less
people know about the alternatives.

Something to consider on the flyer,  BTW flyer should promote OSS not be
a MS bashing exercise,    I am in no way bashing MS with this thread,
we just need to look at the competition and what IS currently included
and say we can do better for Free.

Paul

--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Open Mic nights - Wednesday 8pm to 11pm (14+) Free entry
Breakin' Ground - Street dance for young people (8+) Wednesday 6pm
(starts May 11th)

The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day