Re: [LUG] dont buy a laptop just yet....

On 15/06/11 22:18, Roland Tarver wrote:
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 9:29 PM, Rob Beard<rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 15/06/11 20:43, Roland Tarver wrote:

If I were to buy a new laptop i think i wud look at tosh or asus. Note
that I am not confusing acer with asus. lol ;-) I might look at a
think pad too - after seeing Rhia's!

I fixed a Toshiba a while ago, granted it was a consumer grade one, wouldn't
boot Linux :-P

Saying that, they did have a range of Ubuntu Netbooks.

I also recently worked on an Asus laptop, was quite nice actually. Wouldn't
personally buy a ThinkPad anymore though.

Out of interest, why not?

Bad experiences? Reduced build quality??? ...

Probably due to the fact they fail just outside of warranty, or the ones I've seen have, and two X201s which are less than 3 months old have already had motherboards replaced under warranty.

Rob