Re: [LUG] dont buy a laptop just yet....

On 15/06/11 20:43, Roland Tarver wrote:
If I were to buy a new laptop i think i wud look at tosh or asus. Note
that I am not confusing acer with asus. lol ;-) I might look at a
think pad too - after seeing Rhia's!

I fixed a Toshiba a while ago, granted it was a consumer grade one, wouldn't boot Linux :-P

Saying that, they did have a range of Ubuntu Netbooks.

I also recently worked on an Asus laptop, was quite nice actually. Wouldn't personally buy a ThinkPad anymore though. The wife has a ThinkPad R50e with upgraded memory, CPU and hard drive, which made me want one but after working with ThinkPads every day, I wouldn't touch anything higher than the T60 (or higher than the X61). As I play with the T510 more though I may change my mind.

Others will no doubt think and act differently... :-)

Think Different?

Hmm.... no, I'm not getting an Apple (although the company I'm contracting for does make the Apple uni-body aluminium shell albeit in their Davenport, US factory. I gather other manufacturers are looking at aluminium shells too).

Rob