Re: [LUG] Nokia Phone with Debian Installed

Dava wrote:
Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011, Rob Beard wrote:

On 10/06/11 19:40, Dava wrote:
Still got my N900 sitting here, put android on it and was trying to get
ubuntu to run natively and ended up giving up and getting a Desire HD
instead. Absolutely love it, ended up romming it after 2 days of
ownership. I highly recommend Cyanogenmod for anyone looking to venture
into rooting and modding.

Dave

Does Cyanogenmod work on just HTC phones or all Android phones?

I have a Galaxy S which I've updated to 2.3 with an un-official ROM but I haven't rooted the device. I'm in two minds if I should bother as it pretty much does what I want it to at the moment.

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices/samsung-galaxy-s

Looks like you're in luck...

Gordon

Check what model of the SGS you have as i get the feeling only some are supported... could be wrong, will try and dig out some info for you. If you say it already does what you want it too then probably leave it. I think some of the SGS's have a three button boot problem (accessing some sort of boot rom to then access the recovery rom, e.g. clockmod) so as far as romming it goes, its by far not impossible, just maybe slightly more difficult than other models. To be honest, once it is rooted, there are plenty things you can play about with to make it "yours".

Dave

Dave

Two Dave's?
Look what force of habit does haha. Anyway, found the info
Listed here are the supported SGS's
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Samsung_Galaxy_S And info on the three button problem
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/3-button-combination-fix-arrives-for-all-galaxy-s-variants/

Hope this helps if you do end up modding

Not going to put my name as you've all seen it enough... :P