Re: [LUG] bbq - food

I'll bring some salads and the like along then.

Nick

On 9 Jun 2011 13:20, "Gordon Henderson" <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, Paul Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> What is the plan for food at the BBQ do we
>
> a) A...

I'll bring some meat - my local butcher is doing those nice lamb koftas that I brought last year - and I'll bring a handful of their hand-pressed burgers too. Maybe some nice snorkers. I really can't stand the overly processes packetised supermarket stuff - which is just bonkers when there are plenty of local butchers around to get good meat from. I'll even volunteer for a stint cooking too ;-)

I'm ok if you want to use pot money for charcoal - just make sure it's nice British lumpwood charcoal and not the imported kind.

Gordon