Re: [LUG] bbq - food

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, Paul Sutton wrote:

Hi

What is the plan for food at the BBQ do we

a) All bring food with us
in which case we need to work out how this will work.

Lug funds stand at £15.32 we could take some out of that towards the
cost of bbq fuel or something perhaps.

We need a consensus on this so all monies remain accounted for and
people agree its ok to remove monies from the pot.

I'll bring some meat - my local butcher is doing those nice lamb koftas that I brought last year - and I'll bring a handful of their hand-pressed burgers too. Maybe some nice snorkers. I really can't stand the overly processes packetised supermarket stuff - which is just bonkers when there are plenty of local butchers around to get good meat from. I'll even volunteer for a stint cooking too ;-)

I'm ok if you want to use pot money for charcoal - just make sure it's nice British lumpwood charcoal and not the imported kind.

Gordon