Re: [LUG] KDE Keyboard Shortcuts

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 16:53:20 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> Perhaps my layout is different (Mint 10 KDE). (Alt-D and Alt-S are
> shown under Folder View Settings.) When I click on that I get a window
> showing the desktop settings. Under View the layout is already shown
> as Folder View. The other choices are Newspaper Layout and Desktop.

In which case, you're already using Folder View.  However, I don't have
the Newspaper View option.  Still using KDE4.4, though.

> Even though I have it showing as set to Folder View I can't use the
> keyboard on the desktop. I note that there is also a widget called

Use is limited, TBH;  The menu key brings up the RMB context menu, and
the cursor keys will go up and down the icons, and <enter> will execute
the program.

> Folder View which may or may not have anything to do with it.

I've never played with that one to know what effect it has.

--
 Regards  _
Why do they try to hide our past pulling down houses and build car parks