Re: [LUG] KDE Keyboard Shortcuts

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 11:44:38 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> What is folder view and how do I get it please?

<glib answer>
The alternative to "Desktop View".
</glib answer>

In practical terms, the two aren't that different, TBH.  I use folder
view because Desktop View uses what, IMO, are gimmicks to add stuff to
the desktop.  Folder View allows icons to be placed directly on the
screen, not in some widget or other.

To set it up, right click on the desktop and select "Desktop View
Activity Settings" ( Alt + D, Alt + S ).  It may be called something
else, according to which desktop mode you're using.

You should now see the Desktop Settings app.  Select "Activity" on the
LHS, and you'll be shown a drop down menu called "Type".  Change that
from "Desktop" to "Folder View", click 'Apply' then 'OK', et voila!

--
 Regards  _
Your life is like a schedule, you run to meet the bills