Re: [LUG] Fwd: Volunteers sought for 4G trial

On 25 May 2011 14:10, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And I've just gotten my first FTTC customer online in Cornwall this morning - pretty rural too - near St. Agnes... His speedtest:

 http://www.speedtest.net/result/1311445566.png

I wish BT would be more specific in which areas they are doing - it really seems like they're throwing darts onto a map as to where they are rolling out FTTC/P. I'm not worried about getting it eventually, but it'd be nice to get it this side of 2014 (the planned completion date).

My village doesn't have FTTC, the ones around mine do and people are connected, the major town nearby is getting it. BT/Openreach releases lists every so often but they are useless - they don't say that the town is even on the "future exchanges" list, but I know it is getting it as FTTC cabinets are being installed all over the place (and occasional roadworks to install them).

Unfortunately I'm about 10 miles away from the 4G trial area so I can't get involved with that either.

Shaun