Re: [LUG] Fwd: Volunteers sought for 4G trial

On 25/05/11 14:10, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2011, Robin Cornelius wrote:

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Volunteers sought in Cornwall for high-speed trial...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13525296

Yay thanks for that link, i can't believe there are that may of us
living in the St Newlyn East area of "South Newquay" lol, esp as its
a small ish village so hopefully i stand a good chance ;-)

See also the article in el Reg:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/05/25/bt_ee_lte/

And I've just gotten my first FTTC customer online in Cornwall this
morning - pretty rural too - near St. Agnes... His speedtest:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1311445566.png

Gordon

Oh I'd love to have an upload speed like that. Fingers crossed eventually this year Virgin will upgrade the South Devon area speeds so we get the faster upload speeds, it's supposed to be July, but I'm not holding my breath.

Rob