Re: [LUG] Teignbridge ...

Hi Gordon and all those LUG members in the Teignbridge
area,

Yes, this sort of response is typical. I would not
pay most of the Teignbridge DC employees in washers, let
alone coins of the realm. They have elevated arrogance and
obstruction to an art form.

When someone objected to me
installing a shed in my back garden, I made an FOI request
for a copy of the letter of objection, only to be told that
it was "council policy" that these matters were not to be
disclosed. They sent an inspector round and he gave it the
OK, but I was not allowed to know who had objected. This is
the same council which employs a "community dance officer".
What will these parasites waste our money on next?

Ray.

<list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subj: [LUG] Teignbridge ...
>

>I'm
on the Teignbridge DC list - or have had my email address
banded round
>some departments - I just got an email from
their "economy and tourism"
>department about a business
networking event ...

>The event is on the 6th and 7th of
June - ie. 12/13 days time.

>I got this reply when I
emailed back:

>> Thank you for your email.
>>
>> If a
response is required, we will let you have a full response
within
>> 20 working days.  If for any reason we are not
able to meet these
>> timescales, we will explain why and
give you a new date for a full
>> response.
>
>So if I was
someone who had to contact the events and tourism
department
>about anything important, I'd be well and
truly screwed.