Re: [LUG] next paignton meeting and facebook

> <snip lots of good points>
>> If Facebook were the only, or primary place the meeting is promoted I
>> think it would raise issues, but I hope the primary places are the
>> mailing list, and the DCGLUG website.

They are advertised on the lug site,  and on the list,  the result was 5
people turning up.  the north devon meeting has less than that,  this is
out of about 200 + members,

Despite me posting to the list, and to the lug site along with the
events page url I still get asked if there are meetings on.  I find this
very irritating. but put up with it.

feel free to donate money to lug funds so we can afford to use other
methods of advertising lug meets, perhaps pay someone to improve the lug
site ( i can't do it),   but given the saturday meet had about 5 people
turn up,  then unless more people attend its not worth the bother.

I put stuff on facebook to reach out to people I didn't expect to be
flamed for doing so, the time it took to post the last e-mail the
meeting info could have been posted to several forums

Paul
--

Paul Sutton Cert SLPS (Open)
http://www.zleap.net

Open Mic nights - Wednesday 8pm to 11pm (14+) Free entry
Breakin' Ground - Street dance for young people (8+) Wednesday 6pm
(starts May 11th)

The Lighthouse,26 Esplanade Road, Paignton
01803 411 812 or e-mail  info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for more info.

17th September 2011 - Software freedom day