Re: [LUG] Akonadi

On Thu, 12 May 2011 17:30:49 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> A couple of plug in files, also libstreamanalyzer0 and libstreams0 and
> shared-desktop-ontologies are marked as installed when I search for
> strigi.

Trying to remove them will take out all sorts of stuff, sadly.  Most of
it (fairly) essential to KDE.

> > What does "top" say about CPU usage, etc?  Assuming you can get
> > another terminal open and run top.
> No swap space being used. The only high percentage is 96%id whatever
> that is.

Looks like the process name's got bitten off there;  96%id  ?

> I had a problem with the screen refresh in gui programs at first but
> that has been sorted. Now that seems normal. Only the console is
> having problems, but not all the time.

Oh, I see.  I thought (no idea why) that everything was sluggish.  I
don't recall anything untoward with konsole on my system.

--
 Regards  _
It's only the children of the ------- wealthy tend to be good looking