Re: [LUG] Akonadi

Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 12 May 2011 11:44:48 +0100
Neil Winchurst<barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello Neil,

I don't use akonadi or kmail so would it be safe to remove akonadi
completely or is there something that I should know?

It probably isn't Akonadi causing your problems.  Trying to remove it
will have (potentially) harmful effect on KDE.  Look for Strigi, and
disable that first as that's what searching your drive(s) to build a
database.

I have checked and the strigi-daemon is not installed. So does that mean that it is not running? I ask because when I work with a terminal screen sometimes it gets ridiculously slow. This suggests to me that something is using up some memory somewhere and I thought of akonadi and strigi.

Neil