Re: [LUG] Akonadi

On Thu, 12 May 2011 16:35:06 +0100
Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Neil,

> I have checked and the strigi-daemon is not installed. So does that
> mean that it is not running?

Not as a service, certainly.  Probably not at all.  Check with in your
package manager whether anything Strigi related is installed.

> I ask because when I work with a terminal screen sometimes it gets
> ridiculously slow. This suggests to me that something is using up some

What does "top" say about CPU usage, etc?  Assuming you can get another
terminal open and run top.

> memory somewhere and I thought of akonadi and strigi.

I know that when I started with KDE4, everything was awfully slow,
despite having a vastly superior processor compared with the one I was
using when I had KDE3 (the change of computer coincided with the Debian
testing change from KDE3 to 4).  Stopping Strigi did the trick for me.

--
 Regards  _
Never much liked playing there anyway