Re: [LUG] ubuntu 11.04

Very difficult - BUT I've done it amazing. Not that I will ever remember how to do it again. Thanks
Life, love, peace and freedom

Pete (Le M)

On 09/05/11 11:24, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 09 May 2011 10:36:23 +0100
Peter M Le Mare <plumpeace1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Peter,

Thanks for that e-mail. I have however done all that and every time
the next new page I put up comes with the preset default. There is no
button I can find that gives me "set as default" (as it did with open
office).
I must admit, I didn't try this myself.  However, since receiving this
message, I have and it's the same here.  That is, no (apparent) way to
alter default margins.  A workaround would be to load a blank document
with your preferred settings.

{time passes}

Even better, this page explains how to do it;
http://dhdaily.com/2011/04/05/customize-libreoffice-defaults/

Essentially, alter the page as you wish, save it as a Template, then
tell LO to use that as the default page to load at startup.

Office; I get a new system n message to re-install my HP (Laser)
Printer. I have re-installed it 3 times so far and this time I just
closed it and it seems to be OK - but this is annoying. Also with this
I bet it is.  It's not something I see happening here.

different. I was using Nimbus Sans L 10 point as a default and this
comes up on the top of the page but when it prints it is very
different in size or the spread so that when it prints it doesn't
Never seen that behaviour.  Unfortunately, I have no idea what might be
causing that.

are very wide in spread or spacing. Do you know how I get more fonts
for this programme?
Fonts are installed using the package manager.  Synaptic IIRC, in
Ubuntu.