Re: [LUG] ubuntu 11.04

On Sun, 08 May 2011 18:17:03 +0100
Peter M Le Mare <plumpeace1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Peter,

> one to another). Worse still if I open the new Libre Office (what was
> wrong with my open office?) I can't find anything without reducing

The change is due to various reasons.  The short version is that, when
Oracle took over Sun Micro, the future of OOo became unclear.  As a
result, LO was forked and that's being used in most distros.

> On top of all this I am unable to set a default page setup for Libre
> Office e.g. I do not like large margins so that I don't waste space

In the Format menu, look for "Page...".  Once there, make sure the
Organiser tab is set to "Default", then select the "Page" tab, and alter
your margin settings there.  Click "Okay" and, hopefully, your settings
will get loaded next time you start LO.

--
 Regards  _
Does she always shout at you, does she tell you what to do