[LUG] The final stumbling blocks ...

To migrating my wife from XP to Linux are:

iTunes.

This is a must-have. No questions asked. It's not that she buys much stuff, but that it integrates into the BBC, etc. for downloading podcasts, etc. to her iPod thing.

Printing - It's an HP PhotoSmart 2575 with an Ethernet port as well as USB - a quick google suggests it is supported though.

Can you run iTunes under Wine? It would need access to the USB hardware to make interface to the iPod work, but that's an area I really know nothing about (and the only time I tried to run Wine on my desktop - under Lenny, crashed the entire desktop )-:

Cheers,

Gordon